Friday, October 2, 2009

Making friends?

So how are you at making friends? I am one of those people with few friends, but many acquaintances. The friends I do have are strong and powerful friendships. Ones that I've had for years, and I am loyal and steadfast to my true friends. However, I sometimes feel like I need to branch out more and make more friends. Sure I know lots of people, but just not well enough to call up and say "hey, wanna go have a drink"....I was shy growing up, and I try very hard to not be that way now. Sometimes I fake confidence though. I am so afraid that people won't remember me, or won't like me that when I see someone in public I save myself from rejection, I will simply act like I didn't see them. I know other people probably see this as being rude, but I am so afraid someone will look at me and say "I'm sorry, have we met, should I know you??" I have been finding myself lonely a lot more lately too...I think it's b/c school has started so I can't socialize as much with my own friends due to schedule conflicts....so I sit at home with my boys. I need a hobby, more friends....something so I don't feel so alone all of the time!?

No comments:

Post a Comment